Saturday, March 4, 2017

Is Inventory bad For Your Health?

 Probably, but it's wose for your relatives.

I told our new -now new-ish boss, that inventory is bad for the health of family and friends. He had been our Sup for about 5 monthly inventories by now, but still didn't get it. Now it's time for the yearly one, which lasts a week. It takes place between Christmas and New Years, and all employes either get laid off for this week or are required to come in.

Sure as bears poop in the woods, 2 of the 8 workers who showed up, had to leave because of "sick" family members. Both of them were mandated to work. 4 of the 8 volunteered to work, and one of the volunteers left in the middle of the day without saying so much as a "see ya"
At the beginning of the 3rd day, only 4 came in, and by noon on New Years Eve, only 2 of us were left standing.
Me, and the office lady who had to enter in the numbers. A 10 freakin hour day for us, cuz everyone else bailed.
Well, the maintainence guy did stay till we were almost done. He left about 30 minutes ahead of us, so he's excused from my rant.
There's a 2 person rule there for safety. Now one would think that one of those persons should be a man. Funny though, the lady said she felt safe with me there. LOL
* she's probably right, though. I don't take crap from nobody, and I think and move pretty quickly.
[again nothing against the maintainence guy - who's no slouch - but knows me enough to know I can handle myself]

So what should have been 2 days work for 8 people, and plus a half days work for me [for recounts] and the office lady [to input numbers] on New Years eve, turned into 3 - 10 hour days for me and office lady.

Why? Because in addition to counting stuff, I had to help run 2 presses that a boss had insisted on running, plus had to count stuff that other people bailed on, and recount stuff that they counted incorrectly. If that wasn't enough, I kept finding mixed pallets and boxes of stuff that was suposed to contain only one thing, and thusly was counted as one thing, so after seperating the items, I had to recount the 2 things. While I was still counting, the shipping guy was burying stuff that hadn't been counted yet.
Yep, there I was at 1pm New Years Eve, climbing racks, and throwing incorrectly stacked boxes off shelves, putting them where they belong, and tossing pallets and their contents that had been stacked 3 high in spaces too tight to get a hylo in, moving crap so I could count what was underneath. I left the pallets, shrink wrap, and other garbage on the floor where it landed, and it was still cleaner than when I started.

I had an obligatory party to go to, and decided to ditch topping off my tank so I could get home sooner. Then I remembered something I had to pick up [storage boxes to organise stuff while I was off], and thought I'd make a quick run into grocery store on way home.
That turned into a shocking experience for me, as I heard my name called. It was [are ya ready] MIMI! Had I saw her before I heard her call my name twice, Ida ducked quickly, but alas, I was caught. Got to hear a story about her new puppy, which I politely listened to for 20 minutes while thinking about my coffee getting cold in the car. After that I had to re-collect my thoughts to pick up what I came for.

When I got home @ 6:30 Hubby seemed a bit despondant in advance of me announcing that I wouldn't go to his friends party @7, so I told him I'd gulp coffee and change. He asked if I wanted a shower, and I said, do I stink? He said no, so I said I will change COD [clothes over dirt] and we'll go.
It was bitter cold out. We stayed until 12:30, and boy does he love me. At least he better! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment