Saturday, March 4, 2017

Funny Training story #1

Remember #4?
Quote:
Company Rule #4 Nothing here is square, even if it looks like it is. If something you are packing into a box doesn't seem to fit, turn it 90 degrees.

Well, we have a new job without a job book [scratch that - Mimi made a job book for it which 3rd shift QC tech removed because it was wrong on almost every facet of the job], and when I came in, 3rd Sup tells me they are out of boxes, so he was using a giant material shipping box called a gaylord to put the parts in.

The OP I put there couldn't reach into it, so I made 2 cuts halfway down one side, climbed on top, and kicked the makeshift door down. Now that she is good for a bit, I ran to shipping to get the correct boxes, which I did find, and brought to the job.

Another OP who's press wasn't running yet, was trying to help her re-pack the parts into the appropriate box, but having a hard time. [I love this guy. He ain't the best OP in the world, but by golly he is a team player!] He'd pick up a row, place it in the new box, only to discover it wasn't right, then pick it up again, reverse hands, place it back in, and find the parts were still aiming the wrong way.
I saw the problem, and told him to "pick them up again and don't move."
While he was holding the stack of parts, I turned the box 90 degrees, and then told him to drop them in. MAGICLY they fell into place, and I think I heard Angles sing!

3rd shift QC tech [who was watching and directing the re-pack], and me had to leave because we were laughing too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment